How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The life span of the lamp is about 2500 hours if the Brightness Control
setting in the Settings
menu is set to High
(default), or 3000 hours if Brightness Control
is set to Low
To prolong the lamp life, you can do the following:
- Turn the projector’s Sleep Mode setting on. See Customizing Power and Operation.
- Turn the projector off when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 41 to 95°F (5 to 35 °C).
- Set the projector’s Brightness Control setting to Low. See Customizing Projector Features.
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don’t touch the lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oil on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the lamp.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control when you don’t need to display the image.
Published: March 7, 2007
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page