The problem could be due to a software setting, the condition of the Epson Stylus CX, or the paper you’re using. Check the following:
- Make sure your Windows or Macintosh printer software is not set to use black ink only.
- The print head nozzles may need cleaning.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Try turning off PhotoEnhance in the Windows printer software.
- On a Macintosh, try using Automatic mode.
- Try changing the Gamma setting in your Windows or Macintosh printer software.
- Your printed colors can never exactly match your on-screen colors. However, you can use a color management system to get as close as possible. Try using the ICM (Windows) or ColorSync (Macintosh) setting.
- For best results, use genuine Epson ink and paper.