I upgraded my OS X from Panther to Tiger. What should I do to make sure my Epson printer driver works properly?
You will need to reinstall your printer driver, run the OS X Repair Disk Permissions
utility, and then add your printer using the Printer Setup Utility. Follow these steps:
- Open the Hard Drive.
- Select Library > Printers.
- Select the folder labeled EPSON and drag it to the trash.
- Empty the trash.
- Restart the computer.
- Reinstall the Epson printer driver:
After the driver has been installed, open the Hard Drive.Select Applications > Utilities and double-click Disk Utility.In the Disk Utility window, select your Hard Drive.Click on Repair Disk Permissions. After the utility is finished, close the program. Select Applications > Utilities and double-click Printer Setup Utility.Select your printer and click Delete.Click the Add icon.Click on More Printers.Pull down the menu and select the connection you are using: EPSON USB, EPSON FireWire, or EPSON TCP/IP. Your printer's name should appear on the printer browser screen.Select your printer from the Product List (click only once).If the Page Setup pull-down menu is active (not grayed out) select All in the menu.Click Add.
- If you’re installing a driver you downloaded, open the file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you’re installing the driver from the Epson CD, insert the CD in your computer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Published: April 30, 2007
Return to Main FAQs Page