I replaced an ink cartridge and my printer still shows that ink is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new cartridge and you still see an ink related error, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed. Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Make sure the Epson Stylus is turned on.
- Do one of the following:
- If your printer indicates that an ink cartridge is expended, press OK.
- If your printer does not indicate that any ink cartridge is expended, press Setup, select Maintenace, and press OK. Then select Change Ink Cartridge and press OK.
- Open the scanner.
- Open the cartridge cover.
Never attempt to open the cartridge cover while the print head is moving; wait until the cartridges have moved to the replacement position.
To avoid damaging the Epson Stylus, never move the print head by hand.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.
- Close the cartridge cover and press it until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner.
- Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
You see a message on the display screen when ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the Epson Stylus while the ink is charging or you’ll waste ink.
Published: February 3, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page