I replaced an ink cartridge and my printer still shows that ink is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new ink cartridge and an ink low
or Replace ink cartridge
message is still displayed, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed.
Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Press the On button to turn on the Epson Stylus, or (if already on) press the Setup button.
- Select Maintenance and press OK.
- Select Change Ink Cartridge and press OK.
- Open the scanner.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
- Close the ink cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner.
- Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
You see a message on the display screen when ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the Epson Stylus while ink is charging or you'll waste ink.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust and store it in the same environment as the Epson Stylus with the label facing upward. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but care is needed to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area, and do not store the cartridge upside down.
If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.
Published: February 3, 2009
Return to Main FAQs Page