The colors in the image on my monitor do not match the output from my Epson Stylus CX9400Fax Series. What is wrong?
Your monitor and the Epson Stylus CX9400Fax Series use different technologies to represent colors, so your printed colors can’t match your screen colors exactly. Try increasing your monitor’s color palette to view a greater range of colors, and then try the following:
- Make sure the ink setting in your printer software is not set to Black Ink Only.
- The print head nozzles may need cleaning.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Try turning off PhotoEnhance in the Windows printer software or on the Epson Stylus CX9400 Series control panel.
- On a Macintosh, try using Automatic mode.*
- Try changing the Gamma setting in your printer software.
- Use a color management system. Try using the ICM (Windows) or ColorSync (Macintosh) setting.*
- For best results, use genuine Epson ink and paper.
- After you print, the colors on your printout will take some time to set as the ink dries. During this time, the colors may look different than you expect. To reduce the drying time, avoid stacking your prints on top of each other.
The Epson Stylus CX9475Fax software works only with Windows XP, XP Professional x64 Edition, and Windows Vista 32- and 64-bit. It does not support Windows 2000 or Macintosh.
Published: August 1, 2007
Return to Main FAQs Page