Why are my margins incorrect?
The best solution for this problem depends on whether you’re printing, scanning or copying. See the solutions below for your task.Printing
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview option in your printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned against the right side of the feeder and the edge guide is against the left side of the paper. See Load Paper.
- If you’re using a Macintosh, make sure you choose the same printer in the Page Setup window and the Print window.*
- If you’re printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try one of the following:
- Use EPSON Web-To-Page software if you’re using Windows XP or 2000 with Internet Explorer 5.5 through version 6 (not necessary with Internet Explorer 7 which has this functionality built-in). This software automatically adjusts web pages to fit your printed page.
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your application to view the changes.
The Epson Stylus CX9475Fax software works only with Windows XP, XP Professional x64 Edition, and Windows Vista 32- and 64-bit. It does not support Windows 2000 or Macintosh.
Published: August 1, 2007
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page