What should I do if the printout has incorrect or missing colors?
The problem could be due to a software setting, the condition of the Epson Stylus CX9400Fax Series, or the paper you’re using. Check the following:
- Make sure the ink setting in your printer software is not set to BlackInk Only.
- The print head nozzles may need cleaning.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Try turning off PhotoEnhance in the Windows printer software or on the Epson Stylus CX9400Fax Series control panel.
- On a Macintosh, try using Automatic mode.*
- Try changing the Gamma setting in your printer software.
- Your printed colors can never exactly match your on-screen colors. However, you can use a color management system to get as close as possible. Try using the ICM (Windows) or ColorSync (Macintosh) setting.*
- If you’re using color management profiles, select No Color Adjustment in the printer software.
- For best results, use genuine Epson ink and paper.
- After you print, the colors on your printout will take some time to set as the ink dries. During this time, the colors may look different than you expect. To reduce the drying time, avoid stacking your prints on top of each other.
The Epson Stylus CX9475Fax software works only with Windows XP, XP Professional x64 Edition, and Windows Vista 32- and 64-bit. It does not support Windows 2000 or Macintosh.
Published: August 1, 2007
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page