I replaced an ink cartridge and my printer still shows that ink is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new photo cartridge and you still see a cartridge related error message, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed.
Follow these steps to reinstall the photo cartridge:
- Make sure PictureMate is on but not printing.
- Open the cartridge door on the back of PictureMate.
- Slide the cartridge lever left, to the Release position.
Do not try to pull out the cartridge without moving the lever.
- Carefully pull out the cartridge.
- Keep photo cartridges out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets in your eyes, flush them thoroughly with water. If discomfort or vision problems continue after flushing, see a doctor immediately.
- Slide the cartridge straight into the slot, label side up, until it clicks in place.
The cartridge won’t go in all the way. You need to use the photo cartridge lever to lock it in place.
- Slide the lever all the way right to the Lock position.
If the cartridge is not inserted correctly, PictureMate will not be able to print. Once the cartridge is installed, do not release or adjust the lever. If you move the lever accidentally, remove the cartridge and reinstall it.
- Close the cartridge door all the way.
Published: February 4, 2009
Return to Main FAQs Page