The colors in my printed photo are wrong or missing. What should I do?
The problem could be due to a software setting or the condition of the PictureMate. Check the following:
- If you are printing directly from PictureMate, make sure Color Effect is not set to Sepia or B & W.
- If you are printing from your computer, make sure the Color Option is not set to Sepia or Black & White.
- The print head may need cleaning; see Improving Print Quality for instructions.
- The photo cartridge may be old or ink may be low; See Replacing the Print Pack them.
- Turn on the Enhance or P.I.M. setting, or try manually adjusting the brightness, saturation, or sharpness.
- If you copy files from Adobe Photoshop to a memory card, save them as RGB images using the standard save option (non-progressive). Files saved in the CMYK format may not print with the colors you expect.
- Colors may change slightly after your print dries. Wait for 24 hours and check your photo again.
- Make sure your software is set for color printing.
Published: September 14, 2007
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page