I am having problems using my memory card with PictureMate. What can I do?
Check the following:
- Insert only one card at a time.
- Make sure you’re using a compatible memory card; see Compatible Memory Cards.
- PictureMate recognizes and can print the first 999 photos on a memory card.
- Photos must be JPEG or uncompressed TIFF format and taken with a DCF-compliant digital camera (a camera that complies with the Design rule for Camera File system).
- PictureMate can’t read progressive-scan JPEG files or RAW files.
- If you access the card from your computer and delete files, the card may not work correctly with your camera. Always delete pictures using your camera.
- Always format your memory card in your camera.
- If you copy files from Adobe Photoshop to a memory card, save them as RGB images using the standard save option (non-progressive). Files saved in the CMYK format may not print with the colors you expect.
- Make sure you follow the instructions in the Basics book to install the PictureMate software.
- If you’re using Windows XP or XP Professional x64 Edition, you may need to install your Windows storage device driver. See your Windows help for more information.
Published: September 17, 2007
Return to Main FAQs Page