Why are images fuzzy or out of focus?
Check the following:
- Adjust the focus using the focus ring.
- Make sure Epson MovieMate is placed the correct distance from the screen; no closer than 2.4 feet and no farther than 44.9 feet.
- There may be dirt on the lens. To remove dirt or smears, use lens cleaning paper to gently wipe the lens. If necessary, moisten a soft cloth with eye glass cleaning solution and gently wipe the lens surface.
Caution: Never rub the lens with abrasive materials.
- Make sure the lens is not fogged by condensation. If you’ve just moved Epson MovieMate from a cold environment, wait approximately one hour before using it. If condensation forms, turn on the main power switch, then wait an hour or two before use.
- Adjust the Sharpness setting. See Adjusting Picture Quality.
- If you’re using the Keystone adjustment, be aware that it lessens image quality. You may want to decrease the projection angle to reduce the amount of keystone correction needed. Try adjusting Epson MovieMate’s position relative to the screen or use the quick image adjustment dials to position the image.
- If you’re using external video equipment, check Problems with External Video Equipment for additional solutions.
Published: September 18, 2007
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page