Epson MovieMate 50 Projector

Selected FAQ

Q:
How should I care for my Epson MovieMate?
A:
Epson MovieMate is designed for use virtually anywhere at home. However, Epson MovieMate and its accessories should not be exposed to water, smoke, direct heat or sunlight, or left outside for long periods of time. As with typical electronic equipment, please avoid exposing Epson MovieMate to moisture, dust, smoke, and other environmental factors that may result in damage to internal electronics over time.

To prolong Epson MovieMate’s life, turn it off when not in use.

Clean the lens whenever you notice dirt or dust on its surface. Never rub the lens with abrasive materials.

If the air filter is not cleaned periodically, it can become clogged with dust, preventing proper ventilation. This can cause overheating and damage Epson MovieMate. Clean the air filter and air intake vent when dust builds up or when you see the following message: The projector is overheating. Make sure nothing is blocking the air vents, then clean or replace the air filter.

If you need to clean the case, make sure you turn off Epson MovieMate and unplug the power cord.

  • To remove dirt or dust, wipe the case with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.


  • To remove stubborn dirt or stains, moisten a soft cloth with water and a neutral detergent. Wring the cloth as dry as possible, then wipe the case.

    Caution: Never use wax, alcohol, benzene, thinner, or other chemical detergents. These can damage the case. Never spray cleaners directly on Epson MovieMate.


Replace the lamp when:
  • The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.


  • The lamp warning light flashes orange.




  • The message Replace the lamp appears on the screen when you start projecting.


  • Caution: If you continue to use the lamp after you see the replacement indicators, the lamp is more likely to break.
Published: September 19, 2007

Was this helpful? Yes No Didn't Apply

Viewed FAQs

Return to Main FAQs Page