What should I do if my printer software doesn't work properly?
Try the following:
- Make sure your printer is turned on and the USB cable is securely connected at both ends.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements.
- If you cancelled the printer software installation before it was complete, or connected the USB cable before starting the software installation, uninstall the software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the software (Windows or Macintosh).
- Close your other programs, including any screen savers and virus protection software, and install the software again (Windows or Macintosh).
- If you see an error message or your software doesn't install correctly in Windows, you may not have software installation privileges. Contact your System Administrator.
- Make sure the USB Controller is working properly in Device Manager. See your Windows help system for details. If it's not working, contact your computer manufacturer.
- If you're printing over a network, set up the software for network printing.
Published: February 12, 2008
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page