Since I upgraded to Macintosh OS X 10.5 (Leopard), my printouts are faint. What should I do?
Make sure you’re not using the Macintosh OS X 10.5 Gutenprint driver. Follow these steps to check and change it if necessary:
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax.
- If necessary, click once on your printer’s name in the Printer list. (You don’t need to do this if only one printer driver is installed.)
- If you see Gutenprint next to your printer name, go to step 5 to change the driver. (The RX620 appears in the example below, but you’ll see your printer or all-in-one name instead.)
If you see only your printer’s name, you’re using the correct driver, and you can skip the remaining steps.
- Turn off the printer.
- Click the button to remove the printer from the Printers list, then click OK.
- Go to the Drivers & Downloads page and download the Macintosh OS 10.5 driver and follow the on screen instructions to install the driver.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences. If necessary, click Print & Fax.
- Turn on the printer. Your computer should add the printer automatically.
Published: February 12, 2008
Return to Main FAQs Page