How do I add the ColorBurst print queue in Windows Vista so I can print directly from an application?
Do the following:
- Install the ColorBurst RIP software that came with your printer.
- Click the Start button, select Control Panel, then double-click Printers.
- Click Add a Printer.
- Select Add a Local Printer, then select Use an existing port.
- From the drop down menu, select CPT1 (ColorBurst Port Monitor) and click Next.
- Click Have Disk, then select Browse.
- From the "Install from Disk" window, select C:\, then open the ColorBurst folder for your printer model(The ColorBurst Epson Stylus Pro 4880 appears in the example below, but you'll see your printer name instead).
- Click the Printer Driver folder.
- Click the XP folder.
- Select ColorBurst Epson, click Open, then click OK.
- Highlight ColorBurst, then click Next.
- Select Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended), then click Next.
- Leave the printer name as ColorBurst, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- You should now see the printer in your printer list as ColorBurst.
Published: March 21, 2008
Return to Main FAQs Page