What are the current models of the Epson Stylus Pro 9880?
There are currently two models available: The Standard Model (SP9880K3), and the ColorBurst Edition (SP9880CB) which includes ColorBurst RIP.
The Epson Stylus Pro 9880 offers the following features:
- New Vivid Magenta and Vivid Light Magenta inks for extreme blues and purples
- New 1” wide print head with 180 nozzles per channel and ink repelling coating technology to reduce nozzle clogging
- New AccuPhoto HD Screening Technology
- 44” roll and manual feed capability
- Built-in roll paper Auto/Manual cutter
- Optical sensor system for automatic nozzle check, paper sensing, and print quality adjustment
- Improved resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi
- Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta inks which provide a wide color gamut combined with excellent color stability, durability, less gloss differential, and better black and white prints
- UltraChrome K3 ink lightfastness: color up to 200 years; B&W over 200 years.
Note: Ink lightfastness rating is based on accelerated testing of prints on specialty media displayed indoors, under glass. Actual print stability will vary according to media, type of printed image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity, and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under plexiglass or lamination, or store them properly.
- Individual standard 110ml or optional 220ml ink cartridges. Ink cartridges are the same physical size.
- Two user-replaceable maintenance tanks
- Borderless printing capability on various media
- Fast print speed
- On-demand ink valve damper
- Icon-based printer control panel with back-lit LCD
- Remote Panel Utility for performing firmware updates, custom paper configuration, and print head alignment
- Epson driver supports custom paper configuration, auto nozzle check, and print head cleaning
- Standard built-in USB and EtherNet interfaces
- Optional PostScript capability (included with the ColorBurst Edition)
- Printer stand
- Optional 44” High-Tension 2”/3” core spindle
- Epson PreciseColor Technology
- Variable-sized droplet with AMC technology
Published: December 17, 2007
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page