What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu or press the Color Mode
button on the remote control to select:
- Photo - Best for projecting still photos in vivid color and high contrast in a bright room.
- Sports - Best for watching TV in a bright room.
- Presentation - Use when you’re projecting a presentation in a bright room.
- Text - Use when you’re projecting a black and white presentation in a bright room.
- Theatre - Use for optimizing movie images with natural color in a dark room.
- Game - Brightest mode, best for playing video games in a bright room.
- sRGB - Use when projecting standard sRGB computer displays.
- Blackboard - Choose this fixed color mode when you need to project against a green blackboard.
Published: February 15, 2008
Return to Main FAQs Page