How do I connect my product to my wireless network using the buttons on the control panel?
Follow these steps:
- Press the Home button, if necessary.
- Press the arrow buttons and then select Setup.
- Press the arrow buttons and then select Wi-Fi/Network Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
Note: If you need to disable the wireless network to set up your product on an Ethernet network, press the arrow buttons and select Disable Wi-Fi instead. Then follow the instructions on the Start Here sheet to set up your product on a wired network and install the necessary software from the product CD. The installer program guides you through network setup.
- Select the name of your wireless network or enter the name manually.
Note: To enter the wireless network name manually, press the arrow buttons and then select Other SSIDs. Use the displayed keypad to enter your network name, as described in the next step.
- Enter your wireless password (or network name and then password) using the displayed keypad.
- Press the arrow buttons to move the cursor to the previous or next space.
- Press the number buttons repeatedly to select uppercase letters (ABC), lowercase letters (abc), or numbers (123) and symbols (*!#&).
- To enter a space, select .
- To delete characters, select .
- When you finish entering characters, press the OK button.
- Confirm the displayed network settings and press the OK button to save them.
Note: If you need to change a setting, press the Back button.
- If you want to print a network setup report, press the Start button. (Otherwise, press Cancel.)
- Press the Home button to exit.
The WiFi light should now be on, but not flashing.
Note: If the WiFi light is off, you may have selected the wrong network name or entered the password incorrectly. Repeat these steps to try again.
Published: August 23, 2011
Return to Main FAQs Page