How do I print in black ink only?
Open a document, then follow the steps below for your operating system to select Black/Grayscale
in the printer driver.
To keep the print head clear and ready to print, the printer uses a small amount of ink from all the cartridges whenever it prints. Even if you select Black/Grayscale
, some color ink is still being used.
is not recommended for printing black-and-white photos.
Mac OS X
- Open the File menu or click and select Print.
- Make sure the WorkForce Pro WP-4530 is selected as the printer.
Click Properties or Preferences.
If you don't see these buttons, click Setup, Printer, or Options, then click Properties or Preferences on the next screen.
- Under Main tab, select the Black/Grayscale radio button.
- Click OK.
- Open the File menu and select Print.
Make sure the WorkForce Pro WP-4530 is selected as the printer.
With Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7 click the button to expand the Print window, if necessary.
- Select Print Settings from the printer options pop-up menu.
- Select the Grayscale check box.
Published: September 9, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page