I have installed the printer software and set up the printer on the network, but the Scan to PC, Scan to Email, and Scan to PDF features do not work. What should I do?
To use these features, you must have the EPSON Event Manager software installed. If you do not have the EPSON Event Manager installed, go to the Drivers & Downloads
page for your product to download and install the software.
- Make sure you disable all software that can block communication between the printer and your computer (such as firewall, virus protection or utilities).
- Install the EPSON Event Manager software.
Note: The first time Event Manager is installed, you must restart your computer in order for the features to work over the network.
- If you are using a Firewall application or Windows Firewall, make a program exception in the Firewall settings. Do one of the following:
Launch the Event Manager and make sure your Epson product and scanner option is selected. Do one of the following:
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Windows Firewall. Click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall. Next confirm that the check box for Epson Event Manager is selected in the Allowed programs and features list and click OK.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start > Control Panel > Security or Security Center > Windows Firewall. Click the Exceptions tab, (or click Change Settings if you cannot find the Exceptions tab.) Click the Add Program button, select Event Manager from the program list and click OK. Next confirm that the check box for Event Manager is selected in the Programs and Services list and click OK.
Do one of the following:
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen, then select Event Manager. Click the Button Settings tab, set all settings to use EPSON Scan and click Close.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start > Programs or All Programs > Epson Software > Event Manager. Click the Button Settings tab, set all settings to use EPSON Scan and click Close.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start > Control Panel > Scanners and Cameras or Devices and Printers.
Right-click your product's name, then click Properties.
Click the Events tab.
Select Scan Button for Select an event.
Select Epson Event Manager for Start this program.
Try using the Scan to PC, Scan to Email, or Scan to PDF features.
: Make sure you enable any software you disabled in step 1.
If the steps above do not help, try enabling the UDP/TCP ports for EPSON Scan (port number 1865/3289) and EPSON Event Manager (port number 2968) on your router. If you are unsure on how to do this, contact your router manufacturer
Published: July 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page