As I sit here reviewing my ever-growing holiday shopping list, one thought consistently enters my DIY mind: It’s the wrapping that counts.
Kick those store-bought gift tags to the curb and do your creative spirit justice with personalized photo gift tags – they are a surefire way to WOW the recipient and instantly elevate yourself into the gift-giving hall of fame. I integrate them into my gift wrapping arsenal just about every holiday season (and other gift-giving occasions as well).
The photo gift tag possibilities are vast – from images you print and cut into varying shapes, to integrating a photo of the recipient onto plain wrapping as the center piece, to a dedicated theme for the season such as vintage photos. Moreover, the process is simple and fun for the whole family.
- Gather up your supplies, including wooden ornaments from the craft store, craft paper, Mod Podge™, sponge brush, pens and paint for embellishing, and a an Epson® Small-in-One™.
- Then, identify the images you’d like to use, whether stored in the cloud, on your smartphone, or a photo in a shoebox that you scan and restore.
- Print the photos using an Epson® Small-in-One™ photo printer and either glossy photo paper or regular card stock. Both options work great.
- Grab your scissors and cut the photos and craft paper into whatever shape works for your gift – circles, squares, triangles – it’s totally up to you. Arrange the photos and craft paper onto each ornament/wooden shape.
- Next paint the pieces with Mod Podge for 5-8 layers allowing dry time in-between coats. If you want to get EXTRA personal and creative, you can use paint and pens to embellish each tag.
- Finally, wrap gifts and tie ornaments to gift boxes.
Take this project a step further too, if you’d like, and invite a few friends over for the photo fun to print and personalize their holiday gifts. Pop open the holiday bubbly and a few delicious snacks, and you’ll have an instant holiday DIY photo gift tag party. Please just make sure to wrap gifts ahead of time for recipients who will be attending.